80 Percent Builder Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is your favorite way to finish an 80% lower?  (Read 14770 times)

Molon_Labe

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite way to finish an 80% lower?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »

I also bought my Polymer80 G150 kit on eBay this past summer. The seller on eBay was actually Apoc Armory though.

http://apocarmory.net/

Just like before, the actual listing itself on eBay for my Polymer80 G150 kit was canceled by eBay not long after I bought and paid for it. What Apoc Armory did on eBay was a bit funny - they listed both of their aluminum and polymer 80% lowers as "paperweights" in the office supply category. They even posted photos of them with pens, pencils, and a pair of scissors standing up inside of the magazine well.  ;D

This did not help for very long however though. All of Apoc Armory's listings on eBay were canceled by eBay sometime about two weeks later. Now all of the eBay listings for the 80% lower finishing jigs are gone too, but I did see just one listing for a replacement part of a finishing jig today. It looked like one of those top plates for the trigger hole.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:24:25 PM by Molon_Labe »

Jefe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 06:38:23 PM »

You could list a baby for sale on eBay if you wanted to but eventually someone will report it and it will be canceled. Too many cancellations and your account will be suspended. That's what Gunbroker is for though.

Molon_Labe

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 08:37:32 PM »

You could list a baby for sale on eBay if you wanted to but eventually someone will report it and it will be canceled. Too many cancellations and your account will be suspended. That's what Gunbroker is for though.

I see your point, but for those of us who have money in Paypal accounts like I do, it's nice to be able to buy things on eBay. Plus, most eBay purchases qualify for "eBay bucks" now, which is a rewards system there based upon qualifying purchases on eBay that pays out on a quarterly basis. I actually used my "eBay bucks" certificate to purchase my BTR Innovation jig on eBay. I have an account on Gunbroker, but I have not bought or sold anything there yet.

I was looking at Gunbroker just today. This site does not have as many features as eBay does unfortunately, like the ability to change all of your search results to listings of prices from low to high, for example. Also, since Paypal is owned by eBay now, it has become also quite anti-gun in nature too, so most of the sellers on Gunbroker will not accept Paypal as a form of payment.  :(

Some of the sellers on Gunbroker also charge an extra 3.5% fee on all credit card payments too. The only way to pay them without incurring an extra fee seems to be with a postal money order, I guess.  ???

Jefe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 08:58:05 PM »

I see your point, but for those of us who have money in Paypal accounts like I do, it's nice to be able to buy things on eBay. Plus, most eBay purchases qualify for "eBay bucks" now, which is a rewards system there based upon qualifying purchases on eBay that pays out on a quarterly basis. I actually used my "eBay bucks" certificate to purchase my BTR Innovation jig on eBay. I have an account on Gunbroker, but I have not bought or sold anything there yet.

I was looking at Gunbroker just today. This site does not have as many features as eBay does unfortunately, like the ability to change all of your search results to listings of prices from low to high, for example. Also, since Paypal is owned by eBay now, it has become also quite anti-gun in nature too, so most of the sellers on Gunbroker will not accept Paypal as a form of payment.  :(

Some of the sellers on Gunbroker also charge an extra 3.5% fee on all credit card payments too. The only way to pay them without incurring an extra fee seems to be with a postal money order, I guess.  ???

Gunbroker allows you to arrange search results by price. Just click on "Price" between the "Bids" and "Time Left" columns. Click on it again to sort it by price the other way (ascending vs descending).

PayPal and eBay are splitting up though I doubt that will have any effect on their anti-2A policies.

I'd pay the extra fee to use a credit card to have that layer of purchase and fraud protection. I just factor it into my maximum bid. It's like buying from a place like Bud's Gun Shop. I just realize what the actual price is and use that to compare to other vendors.
Pages: 1 [2]