80 Percent Builder Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Frontier Lower C-45 Billet with 80percent Arms Easy Jig 2  (Read 425 times)

SeaWolf

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
New Frontier Lower C-45 Billet with 80percent Arms Easy Jig 2
« on: August 15, 2018, 01:23:39 PM »

Has anyone milled an New Frontier C-45 billet on the new 80%arms Easy Jig Gen 2 Multiplatform™ 80% lower jig (capable of finishing AR-15, AR-9, and DPMS gen 1 pattern .308 80% lowers)?
https://www.80percentarms.com/collections/lower-jigs/products/easy-jig-gen-2-combined-ar-15-and-308-jig?

https://www.newfrontierarmory.com/shop/80-c-45-billet-lower/

I saw an old post where someone did manage to do just this with some modifications to the GEN 1 Jig. The billet is supposedly MILSPEC except for the mag well/release & ejector.  I would think since you are only milling the trigger pocket and it should fit the GEN 2 Jig, this would work.  From 80percent arms: " The New Frontier Armory Lower receivers should work with any of the GEN 2 Jigs as long as it is still a mil spec pattern."

BTW here's a pre-coated version someone was looking for:
 https://www.ghostguns.com/home/338-black-ar45-10mm-45-acp-80-percent-lower-receiver.html

Jefe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier Lower C-45 Billet with 80percent Arms Easy Jig 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:40:56 PM »

I haven't milled one but I'd expect it would work fine basically for the reasons you laid out. As long as the pivot/takedown pins are correct, which they'd have to be, it will align in the jig.

SeaWolf

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »

Thanks. that seems to be the consensus.  From the pics of the billet, the mag well (trigger side) ends in the same place and should not interfere with the jig. Ghost guns tells me their cerakote billet is a New Frontier arms billet.  Price is reasonable vs setting up to cerakote myself one time.  Also the ejector can be removed before inserting in the jig and the mag release can be left in.  I think this may be my next project. :)

SeaWolf

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 01:30:54 PM »

FYI the 80percent Arms Easy Jig 2 will in fact work with a New Frontier C-45 lower billet.  You just have to remove the ejector, while milling.  Also the upper "take up" screw should be removed, as it may vibrate free while milling.  I would also tape up the magazine release areas to prevent contamination.

Jefe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »

FYI the 80percent Arms Easy Jig 2 will in fact work with a New Frontier C-45 lower billet.  You just have to remove the ejector, while milling.  Also the upper "take up" screw should be removed, as it may vibrate free while milling.  I would also tape up the magazine release areas to prevent contamination.

Thanks for the follow up. That's good info to know.