80 Percent Builder Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: M1 Machining 80% Problems - Issues Resolved??  (Read 4546 times)

spankie2.0

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
M1 Machining 80% Problems - Issues Resolved??
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:27:17 PM »

I recently finished a New Frontier Armory 80% using a Modulus Jig and router. I went with the Modulus because of their claim to will work with any AR15 spec lower.  The review here said that mods were necessary to the 80% Arms Easy Jig to work with the New Frontier Armory lower.  The Modulus worked fine with no mods. 

I intend to finish and stockpile a few more 80% lowers and then sell the jig. I was looking at the M1 Machining 80% Lower until I read here about the issues JEFE and others had with fit and the installation of parts after milling.  I emailed M1 Machining, but before they could respond, I found this thread on CalGuns.net addressing these exact issues and their remedy.

JEFE, if you still have not resolved the issues with your lower, you may want to contact them and let us know how their Customer Service is. 

M1Machining
Vendor/Retailer

M1 Machining Lower Receiver UPDATE

Dear Calguns Family,
M1 Machining would like to apologize for the issues that have been brought to our attention and our extremely delayed response to these concerns. As you are aware we have been selected to be on MavTV and have had much of our time tied up in this event. It was never our intent to neglect our customer, but, unfortunately, with everything going on we were stretched to thin to juggle all the moving pieces. We donít mean this to be an excuse, but rather to provide insight to the delay in our response.

In the process of attempting to make programming more efficient and expedite production, there were several changes made that had negative and unnoticed effects. These changes lead to the issues of safety selector hole being shifted, 3D machining shifting (causing beaver tail grips not to fit properly), and the magwell being undersized. We have taken all of your concerns very seriously and have made the adjustments to return our product to the quality and value we strive for. We have also made the decision to add the Bolt Catch threaded pin to the AR10 Shipping materials.

That being said, we absolutely want to take care of our CalGuns family and all of our customers that are fighting through these issues. We would like to offer two solutions to each of you to make it right.

Solution 1: If you have started or finished your M1-80 Lower Receiver and have run into any issues, please take photos of the issue with a brief description and email Support@M1Machining.com. Please include your address, and we will ship you a new lower receiver free of charge.
If you have not yet started your lower and would like an exchange please take photos of the issue with a brief description and email Support@M1Machining.com and ship it back to us, and we will ship you a replacement lower receiver and refund your shipping cost to your method of payment.

Solution 2: If you have started or finished your M1-80 Lower Receiver and have run into any of these issues, please take photos of the issue with a brief description and email Support@M1Machining.com and ask for a partial refund. We will issue a refund of $30 to your method of payment.

If you have not yet started your lower and would like a refund please take photos of the issue with a brief description and email Support@M1Machining.com and ship it back to us. Note in this scenario the restocking fee will be waived, but you will be responsible for the returning shipping costs.

Addess:
M1 Machining
941 Washington Blvd Suite 311
Roseville, CA 95678

In case there are any questions regarding why it makes a difference if you have started or finished your Lower Receiver, once there is any material removed from the trigger pocket area, the ATF considers that Lower Receiver a fire arm and we are unable to take them back.

Again, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies, and we hope you find these solutions satisfactory. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at Support@M1Machining.com and we can help you out. Please allow a 24 to 48 hour turn around time for replies to emails as we want to ensure everyone gets the proper amount of attention as we address these concerns. We look forward to earning your business in the future and apologize again for any inconvenience this has been. God Bless!

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=983338&highlight=M1+Machining+Lower+Receiver+UPDATE.

I think this may be my next victim. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:18:09 AM by spankie2.0 »

Jefe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: M1 Machining 80% Problems - Issues Resolved??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »

The last post I've seen about the M1 lowers was on calguns and it stated this (11/30/14):

"I have 6 - 80's from M1machining that are junk.  no response from m1 to make it right."

It seems the Calguns mods have deleted that last reply, probably to shield a sponsor from criticism. Luckily I'm subscribed to that thread and got the reply by email.

Prior to that someone had posted that M1 promised them a partial refund and then they posted a week later saying they had received no refund. I was promised many things by M1 and none of them were delivered on. Anyone can say they are going to do something but actually doing it is the part M1 seems to have trouble with. Their customer service is well documented in my review of their lower.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:45:21 PM by Jefe »

Sad80%

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »

Back in Feb. I ordered 3 80s, a few days later M1 had a 5-4 offer, I called and spoke with James the owner. James said he would honor the new deal if I bought another 80. I bought one ( top of the line billet ceracote), I emailed him with the order number per his request so that he could add the extra. Turns out I needed to pay another 20$ for the caracole (he emailed me immediately with that request). I paid. the order ships.

One lower showed up. That was over 6 weeks ago.
I have about 15 unanswered phone calls and e-mails out to M1, seriously.
The latest, I received a email last Monday, (4/10/17) "that absolutely" the last lower would be shipping today/tomorrow. It is a week later and no lower.
I did receive a tracking number from stamps today (4/18/17), when I follow the tracking number there is no data for the number supplied. A label was created, but nothing shipped. I read on another forum that this has happened to other customers too. last I read, they were still waiting.....

Bottom line, there are a lot of great products and companies that want your business. M1 is not one of them.
Product is ok, yes the FS is at 11o'cock, yes you need the special screw for the BC catch.
With the complete and total lack of customer support, I say stay away from M1.

If James makes it right, I will post back here. This has been my experience to date.

(just wanted to add that I should have done my research, and checked this site before buying!)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:21:25 PM by Sad80% »

Jefe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:30 PM »

Back in Feb. I ordered 3 80s, a few days later M1 had a 5-4 offer, I called and spoke with James the owner. James said he would honor the new deal if I bought another 80. I bought one ( top of the line billet ceracote), I emailed him with the order number per his request so that he could add the extra. Turns out I needed to pay another 20$ for the caracole (he emailed me immediately with that request). I paid. the order ships.

One lower showed up. That was over 6 weeks ago.
I have about 15 unanswered phone calls and e-mails out to M1, seriously.
The latest, I received a email last Monday, (4/10/17) "that absolutely" the last lower would be shipping today/tomorrow. It is a week later and no lower.
I did receive a tracking number from stamps today (4/18/17), when I follow the tracking number there is no data for the number supplied. A label was created, but nothing shipped. I read on another forum that this has happened to other customers too. last I read, they were still waiting.....

Bottom line, there are a lot of great products and companies that want your business. M1 is not one of them.
Product is ok, yes the FS is at 11o'cock, yes you need the special screw for the BC catch.
With the complete and total lack of customer support, I say stay away from M1.

If James makes it right, I will post back here. This has been my experience to date.

(just wanted to add that I should have done my research, and checked this site before buying!)

That sounds about right. Lots and lots of empty promises. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get this resolved. I recommend you consider that as well.

Sad80%

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:02:36 AM »

The last piece showed up, finally. After 6 weeks and I can't count how many phone calls and emails. I posted a 1 star on the FB page and had immediate response from him. All the guy had to do was do what he said he would do. He told me three times it was shipping and it didn't ship.

Happy with the product, but because of the absolute lack of customer support/service I would not, and can not recommend buying from M1 Machining. 

helidude350

• 80percenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 05:05:50 AM »

So......
some of this sounds like the bs I went through with now nonexistent viper defense that took forever to send overpriced scrap.

M1 machine shows a Washington address, and google shows a Texas address.
Maybe I can go by there tomorrow on the way to work.........

Jefe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 06:56:04 AM »

So......
some of this sounds like the bs I went through with now nonexistent viper defense that took forever to send overpriced scrap.

M1 machine shows a Washington address, and google shows a Texas address.
Maybe I can go by there tomorrow on the way to work.........

If you're going to the Spring address my guess it is the warehouse looking building behind "Twisted Yarns". A name I'm thinking could also apply to their customer service based on the emails I and others have received.