80 Percent Builder Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: January 18, 2018, 01:06:46 PM 
Started by gcbailey - Last post by gcbailey
The longer pin was actually for the bolt catch release, it is threaded on this particular lower.  You are correct about the smaller silver screw, it was for the rear take down pin.  It appears that the kit is missing the spring and button for the magazine catch.  I'm guessing that it is a standard bolt catch spring/button?  Here's a link to the lower - https://www.80-lower.com/collections/ar9-80-lower/products/ar9-lower-receiver

on: January 17, 2018, 09:00:10 PM 
Started by gcbailey - Last post by Jefe
The small silver screw is probably for the rear takedown pin spring. Instead of retaining the spring with the receiver end plate some lowers have that hole threaded and then the spring is retained with that screw. The longer screw, which is only partially threaded, is originally from the AR-308 DPMS style receiver. It is the bolt catch retaining pin in that capacity. Instead of driving a split pin into the receiver this screw just pushes in and then threads in place. It looks like your receiver uses a traditional AR-15 type pin. Save that other pin though as they are worth about $4-6 if you ever need to use them in a receiver designed for them.

on: January 17, 2018, 08:00:19 PM 
Ignore the red circle on the pic of the lower itself.  That part of the lower wasn't assembled either.  I had a question as to the tightness of those screws.  I assume they hold that piece above it in place but there is some slop/wiggle to that piece regardless of the tightness of the screws.  I haven't ever seen another dedicated AR9 in person, so I don't know.

on: January 17, 2018, 07:54:56 PM 
Here it is....  It's a glock mag AR9 from 80-lower.  I sent a message to them yesterday and received a quick reply but they said that they would try to get some videos made or get back to me, which I haven't heard from them yet.  I've built 2 AR15 lowers following the video on this site but this AR9 has some hex screws that I don't have a clue where they go.  I need to get a pic of the mag release too, I "think" it is basically the same as for an AR15.

on: January 17, 2018, 03:48:23 PM 
Started by gcbailey - Last post by Jefe
I have not but can you post a picture of the mystery pieces?

on: January 17, 2018, 03:40:20 PM 
Has anyone built an AR9 lower yet?  I just finished routing one on a modulus jig but the parts kit is different enough from a 15 that I'm clueless about a couple of pieces. 

on: December 06, 2017, 06:03:59 PM 
Started by Slumley1 - Last post by Hugh_Moncus
yes, probing anodized or composite material can cause problems.  The options are: 1. remove anodizing in the probe location, 2. use copper tape between the probe location and the probe wire contact, 3. use the "probe-and-switch" hack which works well for code that does not re-probe. (I have never tested any of these methods, but have heard them recommended)

Here is the copper tape that was mentioned to me:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CH4LYZ6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

on: December 06, 2017, 07:09:40 AM 
Started by Slumley1 - Last post by Jefe

For anyone else that has a similar issue, it was a voltage issue due to it being anodized

Thank you for the follow up and welcome to the forum. I personally wouldn't be able to help much with the Ghost Gunner as I don't have one myself. I like the concept but it's too rich for my blood. Seems a bit fussy too. I wouldn't have thought anodized/raw would have any effect on the machining. That's interesting.

on: December 04, 2017, 09:29:17 PM 
Started by Slumley1 - Last post by Slumley1

For anyone else that has a similar issue, it was a voltage issue due to it being anodized

on: December 03, 2017, 05:36:37 PM 
Started by Slumley1 - Last post by Slumley1
Hi! I have my GG set up and have messed up the first two 80% lowers. It is machining the spot on the edge of the trigger well where the bolt catch hooks on to. Itís done this on my first two tries. Is it a coding issue?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10